6 TRUCKER TIPS FOR DEALING WITH HEAT
- Exercise in the morning or evening if possible, avoid the hottest part of the day.
- GET ACCLIMATED. If you are used to exercising indoors or in cooler weather, take it easy at first and give your body time to adapt to the weather change.
- Know your fitness level. If you are just beginning a workout regime, you may have a lower tolerance to heat.
- DRINK PLENTY OF FLUIDS! Dehydration is a key factor in heat related illness.
- Dress appropriately. Wear lightweight and light colored clothing.
- If possible, always consider moving your workout indoors to avoid the heat, especially in extreme temperatures.